Rabu, 17 Juni 2015

I salute Congressman Trent Franks of AZ who reminded us what a statesman looks l...




I salute Congressman Trent Franks of AZ who reminded us what a statesman looks like. There was enormous pressure applied to him by the House GOP leadership to vote for an Obamatrade bill last week, but he determined that the bill was not supportable and voted against it. For his act of conscience, he was promptly booted off the Whip leadership team (along with a couple of others). Instead of reacting with anger and bitterness, he responded with kindness and said that the House Leadership had the right to yank his leadership spot, but that he was most committed to acting in the best interest of his constituents instead of his own interests.

That my friend is classy! I’m proud that Congressman Franks has endorsed me, is a valued advisor to our campaign, and even traveled all the way to Hope, AR to be present for my announcement. But I’m even prouder that he values convictions over committee assignments, principle over political positions, and service to those who elected him over service to himself. For these reasons, we ask you to join me in offering a “Citizen’s Salute to a Statesman” to Congressman Trent Franks. If you appreciate him as I do, show it by liking him here. Let’s give him a huge electronic cheer and a cyber salute!

FB URL : Mike Huckabee's Facebook Wall


0 komentar:

Poskan Komentar